About the Recipe
Famous Chiu Chow snack: Deep fried sugared taro, created a taste of sweet home
250 grams taro
1. Peel and cut taro into 6 cm strips
2. Add taro and oil into a wok until oil covers taro
3. Heat oil over medium-high heat, deep-fry taro strips until they turn golden brown
4. Transfer taro strips on absorbent paper to remove excess oil\Add sugar and water in another wok over low heat.
5. When sugar mixture is bubbly hot and thicken, add taro strips.
6. Mix taro strips with sugar mixture till every piece is coated on all sides, turn off the heat.
7. Wait sugar to solidify and serve.